Sunday 23 January 2022

MR GLISTEN COMES TO TOWN AGAIN

 

The snow has come, its falling fast

I dance around my room and cheer

Soon it’ll be time to build a snowman

The same one I make every year

 

When the snow is lying deep and fresh

I go to the cupboard in my room

Where I get his gloves, scarf and hat

And of course his Birchwood broom

 

Mum says “don’t you stay out too long”

But she knows that I don’t listen

She knows that it takes me some time

To build the perfect Mr Glisten

 

I start in the same place on the lawn

Where I make the body large and round

Then for his head I roll a smaller ball

Rolling it around on the snowy ground

 

Each year it takes me a little longer

As he rises up from the fallen snow

And soon he is standing taller than me

As like me each year he also grows

 

Down his front go the pebble buttons

From his neck down to the floor

And his stick arms wear his gloves

Which don’t really fit him anymore

 

Then I put on his scarf and hat

His Birch broom stands by his side

Marbles to make his blue eyes shine

And a stick mouth smiling wide

 

Finally the carrot nose goes in place

And I step back to admire at the end

Gazing at the happy snowman face

Then I say “Hello my old friend”

No comments:

Post a Comment

BATHED IN SUMMER SUNSHINE

  Bathed in summer sunshine Gentle breezes stir the stems But above in the golden sun Grow an array of perfect gems