Friday 19 March 2021

HARBINGER OF SPRING

 

What wonderful weather at the weekend it was so nice after the long winter, although it probably seemed longer that it was because we had no summer last year.

Anyway, the weather was so nice that I left my wife in bed reading the Sundays and I took a walk arround the village.

As I enjoyed the warm spring sunshine, I noticed the many harbingers of the season such as the daffodils nodding in the breeze, birdsong everywhere and endless parades of cyclists punctuated only by cars towing caravans.

 

After a couple of hours, I headed towards home but then thought I might have a cool beer at the village pub.

Once there I had to negotiate my way through piles of mounting bikes and was then greeted by the scene of a packed beer garden full of people showing far too much white flesh.

So, I decided to give it a miss and went home instead but when I entered my house I discovered that the lodger had entered my wife more than once by the look of them and I was immediately struck with the thought that this must be the first cuckold of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BATHED IN SUMMER SUNSHINE

  Bathed in summer sunshine Gentle breezes stir the stems But above in the golden sun Grow an array of perfect gems